New in town? Looking to widen your circle and expand your horizons? Joining an outdoor club could be the answer. Clubs catering to a wide range of interests, abilities and ages exist though tracking down just the right one could be a bit tough on your own. Fortunately organizations exist to keep track of the comings and goings of the various local clubs.
- Outdoor Recreation Council of BC; An umbrella organization for every imaginable outdoor sport in the province. Check the listings below for information on mainstream activities. To find clubs devoted to other more specialized activities such as fishing, snowmobiling, orienteering and so on contact ORC directly.
- Federation of Mountain Clubs of BC; Hiking Club Information;
- Cycling BC; Cycling Club Information;
- Horse Council of BC; Horse Riding Club Information;
- BC Nature AKA Federation of BC Naturalists; Birding and Wildlife Watching Information;
- BC Speleological Federation; Caving Club Information;
- Sea Kayak Association of BC; Kayak Club Information;
- Recreational Canoeing Association of BC; Canoeing Club Information;